Saturday 9 May 2009

2 issues

okey so I have a few problems. Iam living with my parents and they got a dog. Everytime the dog leaves I have to clean the whole apartment because I don´t like the hair of the dog to be everywhere. And since the dog aren´t consider to be clean in Islam I try to avoid as much as possible but we live in a small flat so it´s kind of impossible.

And we had a BBQ today. Before when planning this BBQ I told my mom that I´d bring a one time grill aswell since I don´t want to bbq my meat on their grill. They aren´t muslims and they do eat pig. Mom said that she had arranged that already. Of course I thought that we were going to bbq on 2 different grills. But when I came there today she had bought something of aluminium to put the meat on and put this whole thing on the grill... I don´t know, but I just couldn´t tell mom that that still didn´t feel quite okey for me, since the fat and juices from the pig still are on the grill and on the cover (it was a grill with a lock)..... I just feel so bad about it. Till this day I find it hard to act as a muslim and do what I believe I should do especially if it involves changing routines...astarfighallah.. Iam feeling nauseas just thinking about it.....

2 comments:

  1. the pork thing is a BIG problem.
    like your sister, that is like my mother is!
    it is crazy that pork can be such a big problem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just stay strong. About dogs and pigs - they're not haraam themselves! Having a dog rolling around and playing with you means you'll have to wash again before praying but if your parents are keeping a dog in your house then it's not your fault just remake wudu before every prayer if the dog is quite messy. If the dog is there, you might as well enjoy it and love it because they are Allah's creation and he put them here for a reason and the Prophet himself protected dogs
    About the pork thing, yeah that sucks. Just wipe it or bring your own grill next time, your mum DID try after all :)

    ReplyDelete